3 Stars: I like how she took pictures of bark in many different forms. I also liked how
you used so much colour even though bark doesn’t have much itself. Last, I liked how you framed your photos and used many different angles.
Wish: I wish that the bark was the main focus of more of the pictures, but they were all lovely.
3 Stars: I like how the pictures include close ups and whole branches. I also liked the lighting and how bright and clear all the pictures are. Last, I like how you focused on a couple
different types of bark.
Wish: I wish you considered the rule of thirds more when you were shooting the photos.
Star: I like all the bright colors.
Star: The photo with the rings in the tree was great.
Star: You are good at editing.
Wish: You need more pictures of bark.
Star: You are good at focusing on one section in the photo.
Star: I liked how you framed your photos.
Star: I enjoyed the picture with the yellow leave, it was cool.
Wish: You need to stop taking nice photos because you are
making everyone else’s photos not as nice.
1 I like the photo group that had the black and white affects.
I love the picture of the really tall trees I like the shadow had come out in them.
2 I like the picture of the tree hanging over the street with the black and white back ground. It looks like a picture you would be in a horror movie.
3 I also love the picture of the willow I think and it fall and it losing its leaves. It looks like you could step into the picture and smell the fall breeze
Wish I think it would have been cool if they had tried another effect on these
1 I like the way this person captured the word bark in different ways
2 I like how they took the word back and put it toward a dog. I also like the faces made of bark it looks like native.
3 I thought it was cool how they put the numbers on the tree as well.
I think they used exposure well but it would have been cool to see the rule of thirds use a little more.
For the ninth collection all of the colours were gorgeous, and quite a few photos had really nice rule of
thirds added to them. The variety of places the pictures were taken in made each picture fascinating to
look at. I wish they were all in colour, the black and white is good in some situations but colour would
have been nice.
For the tenth collection, I personally love the tree with the sun behind it. That particular one was very well done. All of the white balances were spot on and each picture was very well shot. The angles were very impressive too! I wish there were a few more pictures that focused on the whole surroundings
instead of just one thing specifically.
* I like how all the photos are very different from each other.
* I think all the photos had good white balance.
* I really liked how in a few of the photos there is nice fall colors.
Wish. If I could change one thing it would be to get more photos of bark and less or leafs.
* I really like how in all the photos there is really good detail of the bark.
* I like how in all the photos it’s focused on the bark and bluer out in the back ground.
* I think they did a good job on white balance.
Wish. There was a few pictures that looked quite similar.
1. I like the photo of the sap dripping from the tree and how the background looks
2. I like the angle of the photo looking up the tree and how its focused in the sap and
3. I like photo 8 and how its focused on the tree only
4. One wish I wish on photo 7 that the school wasn’t in the background blurred in the background
1. I love the photo with the thorns and the focus on it and all the color in the background.
2. I really like the photo of the dinosaur I like that angle of the photo
3. I like how the photo of the snail looks. I love all the colors and how they all look together. I like the focus of this photo.
4. I wish with the photo of the leaf was more in the middle of the picture and not so much cut off at the bottom
I like how the focus is on birch trees
I also like how the colors are darker
The lighting is really great
Wish: I wish I could see the other photos that are too small to see.
I really like the black and white
The picture of all the trees lined up was also one of my favorites
I also like the one where the peeled up bark is reddish brown, it gives a sense of being under water.
Wish: A few of the photos were pretty mediocre and I thought the space could have been used more
1. Description: Row 8, Picture #4
Things I likedI like this picture because it makes me think of my favorite season, which is fall. I think you did really well on the angle, which captured everything perfectly.
I really like the green and yellow leaves in the background and how it makes the picture feel warm. Another thing I like about this is how the light and the color of the leaves are reflected in
the subject (sap drop), it really defines the sap. I like the yellow leaves, the shiny sap, and the dried yellow sap and how they contrast against the dark bark. I enjoy it the more I look at it,
One thing I would change
I can’t find anything I would change. Good job!
2. Row 6, 6th picture
Things I LikedI like the subject you chose and the angle you used, I liked how the dinosaur is looking down at you while bearing his teeth. I like how you can see the full shape of his teeth, it’s like you captured a live wooden dinosaur and he was attacking you.
One thing I would change
The light was OK, it was a little dark.
1. I like how almost every picture has a different way of expressing the theme bark and that you took different pictures of different varieties of trees plants leaves and other things related to bark.
2. I liked how you edited the pictures to enhance the colors and make it just that much better and how the focus on all the pictures are just right.
3. I like the many different colors in all your pictures all together.
I wish that the pictures followed the theme a tad more. And I wish to see more!
1. I like how much macro you did and the angles you shot your photos at.
2. I like how well the pictures followed the theme of bark on pretty much
3. I like the different kinds of bark and the colors in all your pictures!all of them.
I wish some of the photos were taken from farther away instead of up close to everything. Good job!
Collection 5 - Emily
Likes: I like how you have a different angle/perspective in each photo.
Likes: I like how you edited your photos to bring out the details and all the fall colours.
Wish: I wish there were some photos that weren't so close up, but other than that they were really well done! :)
Collection 10 - Owen
Likes: I like how you incorporated the theme of bark in every photo.
Likes: I like the creativity in all of your pictures.
Wish: I wish you used the rule of thirds in more of your photos.
1. I love the photo looking up the side of the tree, I like that all the leaves are gone so you can see all of the branches
2. I like that most of the photos are using the rule of thirds
Wish. I wish you had played around with editing more so that there was more diversity
1. I love that all the photos are very different making it a lot more interesting to look at
2. I like that you edited almost all the photos so that they were black and white or that certain colors stood out
Wish. I wish that you took more photos that were focused on one thing
My favourite part about this group is how colourful it is. I can see in the photo looking up at the tree you used rule of thirds, so great job on that. The balance of dark/light also works really well in these photos. I would probably try to get more focus in your photos… but otherwise great set!
My absolute favourite thing about this set is the contrast; it adds this sort of dramatic mood to the photo. I found your choice of angle to be interesting, so I’d keep going with that. In a few photos, the lack of focus threw me off a bit, and I’d try framing them so you are using some rule of thirds… that one photo of the tree with branches going across has some triangulation aspects that are working very well. Awesome group!
1. In the picture of the snail you captured the rule of thirds really well
2. The way that the photos are set up looks very artistic especially in the picture of the pine cone and the last one.
3. I like the picture of the branch with thorns because the branch is really well focused and the background is out of focus.
4. I wish that you had used the rule of thirds in the picture of the green leaf.
1. I like the way the light is coming through the trees in the two second to last photos.
2. The angles in the pictures of the fungus are really interesting to look at.
3. The picture of the snail on the bark draws your eye to different points.
4. I wish that you had zoomed in a little more in the picture of the snail.
*I like how they used black and white on some of their photos
*I like the one shot of the woods it looks spooky
*I like how they used the rule of thirds in the picture of the stump and how the stump has character
Wish: I wish they could have gotten some more colour in their shots.
*I like how in every photo they stuck to the theme
*They picked bark that had nice character
*I liked the focus in the photo with the curly bark
Wish: I wish they used the rule of thirds in some of their photos and took more photos.
PHOTO SET 9
Star: I really like how you captured the dark and mysterious look on your photo set. You made the pictures look really artistic.
Star: I like how you used the rule of thirds.
Star: You did a really fantastic job with the editing.
Wish: That you would have edited all the photos to black and white, so they it would feel like a complete set. I wish you would have taken pictures of a bit more interesting subjects. Next time with taking pictures try to captures the entire subject so not to cut any of it out of the picture.
PHOTO SET 12
Star: Geez, I love your photos, they are super elegant and totally caught my eye.
Star: I really like how you got pictures with the sun shining in to the pictures.
Star: I really like how colorful your photos are, they have a nice natural green look.
Wish: I can’t think of anything to change, over all you did a really good job!